Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The big UNO!!!

I obviously have some catching up to do. Whew! I'll start by posting something from July, August, and September.

First off - July - Shortly after Brad returned from his medical mission in the Dominican Republic we went down to Chesapeake to visit Brad's Grandma Petty and his Uncle Bob and Aunt Carol. It was delightful. They were so hospitable and I can honestly say that I have rarely eaten so many good meals in a row!

Uncle Bob and Aunt Carol - they even BBQ'd for us in 108 degrees...now that's love!





Lilia gave me (and I'm sure Grandma Petty as well) a heart attack when she went for the joy stick that controls her chair. Ya, that would have been bad.We spent an afternoon at Virginia Beach...Lilia was in heaven (that is after she woke up).









Next is August - Lilia's Birthday!!! Hooray!
We had a little camping trip in the Shenandoah Mountain range (hills really). It was beautiful! The Droz family as well as Brad's sister Brooke camped as well so it was loads of fun with the cute kiddos.
Lilia's first cake - carrot cake was a winner but the frosting surprisingly was not. Hmmm, didn't expect that!

Dirt, the other winner in lilia's book
Lilia and Kate are only 4 months apart and it's fun to see that gap narrowing with each month. They played really well together with her birthday toys. It was fabulous.






Gwen and Brooke...I just thought this was a cute pick :)

Yes, I know what you're thinking...that IS bambi


Next is September! My sister Wendy had twins in May and just moved to Kentucky for BJ to start dental school. I had tons of fun helping out with their kiddos. I'm glad to have another sibling within driving distance (although I used skymiles this time around).

This is a pic of my sister Wendy, one of the babes, her two girls and two of my sister Jen's kids. Jen was helping the week before I came so we overlapped a day. This is the morning ritual to wait for Clara's school bus.

Clara, Eliza and Lilia watching Baby Einstein. This is how I got dinner on the table and the dishes done :). Also notice the two swings...twins...it's double the craziness but double the cuteness.
We celebrated Wendy's Birthday while we were there. I love this picture just because of Eliza's face...she is the 3 yr old on the Left below Lilia...what a goof.
What a cute mommy, I admire her so much! Oh and cute babies too...how could I forget.
Loved getting my daily self esteem boost from getting them to coo and smile at me. It was sad to leave but it had to be done. There is nothing like saying goodbye to family that forces you to make new friends. Besides, I told Wendy I'd see her at Christmas. Chances are she would survive that long.Next is Indiana! Brad's sister Leslie is the sweetest ever. She drove 2 1/2 hours to come pick Lilia and I up in KY and took us back home to play for a few days. It was wonderful to spend time with her, Wally and the girls.

While we were there she took some amazing pictures. It is just a hobby of hers but I really think she is professional.

Yes...THAT is my little girl. Mmmm, I just want to kiss those cheeks. And if she weren't asleep right now I probably would.
Isn't this picture so sweet

These two are only 7 weeks apart...so cute.
Ha! Lilia is a lot shorter than Grace...it's okay Lilia you make up for it is spunk.


The Wizard of OZ pic
And yes, if you haven't notice by now...I chopped my hair. It's easy and I gave up a long time ago on the whole Rapunzel princess hair thing. Too overrated. Leslie took this head shot for me since I am planning on applying for an independent artist grant. Gotta look the part.

Yes, embrace the weird dancer within. It really IS fun, you should try it sometime.

Or if you're too chicken you can choose option two and embrace the weird baby inside. Lilia is a pro.
Until next time...and I promise it won't be four months from now.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Loved this post! The pics turned out SO DANG CUTE!!!! I'm so glad you were able to come visit/save me and will always be grateful for all you did!

The Taylor Family said...

Wow, you have been doing all sorts of things. It is fun to see how big Lilia is getting. I can't believe she is ONE already!

Megan said...

Thank you Holly! I loved seeing all these!!!! Lilia is the cutest thing ever! I love her spunk! I miss you all so much!!!

Leslie said...

I love this post and dislike it all at the same time? Why because I loved seeing your faces and also because it made me miss you even more! So glad we got to see you!!!! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Melissa said...

Wow, Holly. I love your new hair-do! So pretty!

It's hard to believe Lilia is already one! You need to bring your family to Utah for a visit!

Sara said...

Can your little girl get any cuter? and you are looking fantastic too! I love hearing about all the wonderful things you are up to! Keep us posted on your grant that you are applying for and what amazing plans you have to use it.

Oblad girl said...

Fun pics! Lilia is such a happy baby. Her smile and cheeks are so cute. Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun this summer!