I think it is about time to announce the good news. Holly is pregnant! As you can see from the handy-dandy countdown, Holly is 13 weeks pregnant (on Wednesday at least). We found out on the 27th of December and really had no idea how far long she was. We went to go see the doctor 2 days later and she said, "well based on your most recent positive pregnancy test, (we had done several only a month earlier, all of which were negative) you are about 3 1/2 weeks pregnant."
To make sure though, she had us do an ultra-sound and we scheduled that for the following week. We went in and when the technician put the image on the screen I thought to myself... "I don't think she is 4 weeks pregnant..." It turned out she was actually 8 weeks pregnant and we were actually able to hear the heart beat that day! It was pretty amazing to see and hear all of that.
So, Holly's due date is August 18th. That probably isn't the best date because we will be moving to either D.C., San Antonio or Salt Lake City the middle of July and I begin medical school around the beginning to middle of August. Oh well, what can you do? But even with that time line, we are extremely excited.
Now, to explain the title of this post. Many of you are have seen the nutrigrain commercial where that quote comes from, but if not, check it out here. It is really funny and when we told Brooke that Holly was pregnant (Brooke is my sister who is on her mission in Singapore), she wrote in her letter, "Yeah babies everywhere!" She, of course, was referring to the fact that Holly and my Sister Leslie are both pregnant and Leslie had a baby (Miss Mary) just a year ago (who Brooke hasn't seen yet). Also, Holly's sister Melissa and Mary, Holly's brother's wife, are pregnant. So even more babies! Well, there is the good news!
20 comments:
Yahoo! We are so excited for you guys. I am going to give you a whole box of maternity clothes in a few more weeks! I hope you start feeling better soon. =0)
Oh happy day, oh happy day! We couldn't be more thrilled, seriously! Babies everywhere, you can't beat it! We love you and look forward to seeing the progress Holly's baby bump!
Congrats, Brad and Holly!! It's really the best thing in life! :) All our love to you guys!
HA! Ha! I love that Nutrigrain commercial!!! I'm so excited for you guys and I've got some maternity clothes for you too, Holly :).
Holly & Brad Congrats, I am so excited for you! I guess we can be big together this summer because I am due August 31st! Hope we can get together some time...
Bo, I am in hysterics with the pointer that dances on your blog. You are a funny soon to be dad,dad, dadio...(what movie?). I am so excited that I guessed the happy news. Such a doting dad and soon to be new mom. Congrats.
NP
whaohaohaoahoah
YAY! :) Enough said... :) !!!
OH MY GOSH!!!! YAY!!! I AM EXSTATIC FOR YOUR GUYS!!! It will be so nice to have someone with kids my kids ages!!! Ah, now if you guys only lived a bit closer. Holly if you have any questions or ANYTHING please don't hesitate to call or text me! Even if you just want to call and vent about the "miracle of life". ;) I know you have an incredible support system, but just know I would love to hear from you too! BAH!!!!
This is such good news! You guys are gonna be great parents! We should all hang out again soon and talk about babies :)
That's the most impressive baby countdown thing I've ever seen. Don't worry about August (by the way August the 11th is a very good date) because there are plenty of hands to help out with whatever's needed. :)
Yay! We are so excited for you two. Have you been sick Holly? I sure hope not! We need to play soon. We can be pregnant friends :)
yippppee! congrats to you two. you'll be lovely parents with a beautiful child. tell holly yippee.
Holly and Brad- Congratulations! I found out on Christmas last year that I was pregnant and was due 1 week after Holly. I am so excited for you guys! You will be awesome parents!
Oh my goodness, congratulations to you both. You will be the sweetest parents. I can't wait to see pictures of that little cutie soon! Thanks for finding me, I'm so glad we can reconnect.
yay!! That is great news Holly! I hope you are feeling well. I;m sure you are doing amazing...you are superwoman afterall!
Wow congratulations you two that is such exciting news! Babies are so much fun! You two will be great parents. We need to get together sometime! Let me know if you guys need anything I'm not to far away!
Yay! I loved those talks on the way to school. We are not really sure what we are doing next year but I will not be teaching. Part of me is sad because if I stayed next year I think it would be much easier, but most of me is happy. My school is hard! Not the sweet Salem girls for sure. How is Payson> Have you told your Principal yet?
Hey Holly! Congrats again! It was so good to see you this last weekend! Take care! Here's our blog address: www.foreveryoungmt.blogspot.com
Congratulations again!!
Post a Comment