Monday, March 7, 2011

Artist Interrupted

You may have noticed my fancy little dancer button on the side of our blog (compliments of my talented friend Elizabeth). Yes, I am a crazy dancer...and musician, and you would think that having miss Lilia would have wrung out every last bit of creative energy. While it almost has...luckily there is still a drop left. I have some crazy friends who have a drop of energy themselves and together we have compiled our craziness into awesomeness. I am pleased to introduce our next little project.

Artist Interrupted - A Women's Art Collective

please feel free to visit the new DC blog and take a look at our national website. I am planning to attend the conference in ohio and perform a dance duet which my friend Keely and I are choreographing long distance over skype (we'll see how this goes), as well as (crossing my fingers) a violin solo.

I think it has really lifted my "Holly" spirits to be involved in this. I can't wait to see where it goes.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Very cool! That's awesome to be using your talents outside of being a full-time mother. I'm excited for you. Btw, your link to the blog didn't work.

Megan said...

Awesome Holly!!!! Its so good to do things for yourself! Its oh so very important! I didn't realize it until my kids were much older, but it makes a happy mom, happy husband and happy kids! :)

Leslie said...

I love it, love it, love it!

Oblad girl said...

This is pretty cool, Holly. What an amazing idea! I love that there are organizations like this out there. There are so many women who go through the same challenges, and I think it's great that you are collaborating and working together to further your passions and talents. Go Holly! You are my hero! =)

Wendy said...

Way to go! I know what you mean about lifting your "Holly spirit." I've only done a few paintings since having kids but every time I do, it reminds me of how good it feels to do something artistic.

Melissa said...

This is such a cool idea! Love it.