
Holly and I have been putting off the inevitable. After an application process that has now lasted over a year (I guess it began last May 2nd when I took the MCAT), we have decided upon our school: Georgetown! No more waiting and saying, "well, if this happens...." For many reasons we are really excited about that choice.
For one, it is DC and that is one of our favorite cities in the US. Also, it is Georgetown and I think I will really enjoy my time there. Beyond that and many other things, we are fortunate enough to have family so close. My oldest sister will be about 20 minutes away and Holly's oldest sister will be about 40 minutes away. My brother will be a few hours away in Pittsburgh and another sister is about 9 hours away in Indiana. We wanted to go somewhere where we would have at least some family nearby.
Although we won't have the grandparents and our other siblings nearby, Holly and I both feel that this is the right decision. It kind of took us some time to make up our minds, but I think for a long time we knew we would be going there. I got into the Medical College of Wisconsin, but beyond that first day of receiving the acceptance, I never felt I would go there. The main thing was waiting for the U. I got wait listed there, along with a few other schools, and we waited to hear from them. Although we waited a couple of months, I felt that I would still go to Georgetown nonetheless. It is the end of May and still no news from any of the other schools. So in the next week or so I will probably contact each of them and withdraw my name from the wait list.
Here is a picture of us and soon enough, there will be three!
13 comments:
Yay! Congrats!!! You will LOVE it! :)
I br\et it feels good to just make a choice and go with it. We will miss you, but are very exited for you.
I meant to say "I bet it feels good"
Yeah hooray! You are going to have the best time and we are so excited to have you closer!!!
congratulations! That is an important decision to make. I am proud of you. You deserve the best-- you have worked so hard. Georgetown just got the best medical student in the world (I know because I just took a straw poll and you came out on top!)
Congratulations Holly and Brad! We're so excited for you!
Ok.......................congrats..
Really... I am so proud of you both...
NP
that's so awesome! i LOVE Georgetown and am a little jealous! so excited for you guys!
That's so awesome. You forgot to mention you have friends down south about 8 hours away (this is very important)! =)
Good luck with moving!
Love the new face of the blog and the updates - you guys are great - we're going to miss you.
Hooray! Congrats! We will miss you guys!
Holly! I am so excited to live near you in DC! I don't know your email address, so I thought I'd get you this way... would you please email me whatever contact info you have for housing out there... like the listserv thing we talked about today? That would be awesome!
melodie.henderson@gmail.com
Congrats on georgetown! It'll be a crazy four years but what an adventure to be in DC for that time. Good luck!
Post a Comment